Dr Sham Rane discusses the use of the latest Design Exploration Framework available in SCORG V2022 for analysis and evaluation of twin-screw compressors and expanders.
An overview of how project parameterisation is done, how the design points are organised and managed in a single design exploration form are presented. Few Design Scenario demonstrations are used to study the influence of parameters on twin screw compressor performance.
- Sensitivity of leakage gaps
- Rotor design and port sizing using built-in volume index alteration
- Oil Injection port analysis
- Plotting performance maps
Learning recourses mentioned during the webinar:
- Kovačević A., Stošić N. and Smith I. K., (2007). Screw compressors – Three dimensional computational fluid dynamics and solid fluid interaction, ISBN 3-540-36302-5, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg New York.
- Stošić N., Smith I.K. and Kovačević A., (2005). Screw Compressors: Mathematical Modeling and Performance Calculation, Monograph, Springer Verlag, Berlin, June 2005, ISBN: 3-540-24275-9.
- Rane, S., (2015). Grid Generation and CFD analysis of Variable Geometry Screw Machines, Thesis, City, University of London.
- Kovačević, A. and Rane, S. (2013). 3D CFD analysis of a twin screw expander. In: 8th International Conference on Compressors and their Systems. (pp. 417-429). Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing. ISBN 9781782421696
- Rane S., Kovačević A., Stošić N., Smith I.K. Analysis of real gas equation of state for CFD modelling of twin screw expanders with R245fa, R290, R1336mzz(Z) and R1233zd(E), International Journal of Refrigeration 121 (2021) 313–326
You can try demo version for free, but please be aware that the newest version to purchase is SCORG V2022 (watch what’s new) which has more functionality than the demo variant.
Also, you can check all SCORG features in SCORG alto which is a cloud platform hosted in Microsoft Azure, enabling you to design and analyse screw machines using the software SCORG. Register and explore the abilities of our software by choosing the trial licence at a discounted price.