PDM Analysis proudly sponsored the 3-day online 12th International Conference on Compressors and their Systems on 6th- 8th September 2021 organised by the Centre for Compressor Technology at City, University of London.
Over the three days, delegates participated in a forum for developments in air, gas and refrigeration compressors, vacuum pumps, expanders. This year, the programme was more cohesive by including industry sessions on high-importance topics and the traditional keynote addresses, research and technical papers, podium papers, and discussions.
We had an exciting presentation and live demonstration conducted by Ahmed Kovacevic, Jon Harrison, and Matthew Read during the Conference. They shared updates and showed how SCORG and GT-Suite can allow efficient optimisation of screw machines.
There were many exciting talks and presentations, and although the Conference was held online this year, we were still able to engage with participants through the virtual exhibition. In addition, we showcased our latest developments of the software SCORG and our most advanced cloud solution, SCORG alto.
As a silver sponsor, we prepared valuable gifts. Anyone interested could win branded gifts or a free licence. It was an excellent opportunity to get to know each other better.
The Conference was followed by a virtual Short Course and Forum on Computation Fluid Dynamics in Rotary Positive Displacement Machines, 9th – 10th September 2021. The forum provided test results of dry air and oil-injected twin screw compressors, a roots-blower, a dry air single screw expander and an ORC vane expander data for benchmark studies.
This short course/forum will benefit engineers, engineering managers and specialists from industry, students, researchers and educators from academia, and anyone interested in the modelling and design of rotary positive displacement machines.
Papers related to SCORG that were presented during the Conference and then published by the IOP:
- Bi-Directional System Coupling for Conjugate Heat Transfer and Variable Leakage Gap CFD Analysis of Twin-Screw CompressorsS Rane, A Kovačević, N Stošić, I SmithCity, University of London, United Kingdom
- A Thermodynamic Chamber Modelling Approach for Oil Free and Oil Injected Twin Screw CompressorsG Ramchandran, J HarrisonGamma Technologies LLC., United States of America
- Numerical evaluation of an Oil Free Screw Compressor’s Suction port design using Ansys CFX and SCORGS J Tankhiwale1, A Birari1, N Asati1, S Abdan1,2, A Dagwar1, A Kovacevic2, S Rane21Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited, India; 2City University of London, United Kingdom
- Design, Testing and Feasibility Analysis of an Oil-Free Twin Screw Compressor with In-Chamber Flash CoolingG StuppleJaecklin GmbH, Unterer Talweg 50, 86179 Augsburg, Germany
- Investigation of Screw Compressors for Low Pressure Ratio ApplicationsY Lu1, A Kovacevic1, M Read1, D Buckney2 and Y Endo31 City, University of London, United Kingdom, 2 Glasgow Technical Centre, Mayekawa UK Ltd., 3 Mayekawa MFG. Co., Ltd.
- A numerical CFD simulation method using static grid based on momentum compensation for screw pumpsD Yan1, Q Tang21 School of Machinery and Automation, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei Province, 430081, P. R. China, 2 College of Mechanical and Vehicle Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing, 400030, P. R. China
We are looking forward to participating in the next edition, the 13th International Conference on Compressors and Their Systems, from 13th – 16th September 2023.
A video about our company which was presented during the Conference